Lake Run FAQs
How will the 2022 Lake Run be held?
In 2022, we are planning to hold a hybrid run with both virtual and in-person options.
Are dogs allowed at the Lake Run?
Unfortunately no dogs are allowed at the Lake Run.
How will the race be timed?
If you sign up for the in-person run, race timing team EnMotive will time your run with a chipped bib. If you sign up for the virtual run, you will be in charge of timing your own race with your phone, watch, or other device and then uploading it into the site to compare your results with others.
If I do the virtual run, is there a set course?
No, you determine your own course for the virtual Lake Run. Track your distance with a GPS device such as your phone, smartwatch, or other GPS device. There are many apps that will calculate your distance such as Strava or MapMyRun.
How long is the Kid’s Dash and how old do the kids have to be?
The Kid’s Dash is two blocks long. The minimum age to participate is 3.
When and where is packet pick up?
Packet pick up will be held at the Lake Oswego Farmer’s Market on Saturday June 4th from 8am-2pm. The Farmer’s Market is located in Millennium Plaza. Packet pick up will also be available the day of the race.
Will runners receive a t-shirt this year?
Yes! Runners will receive a t-shirt with the cost of registration this year. Sign up by May 13 to guarantee your size will be available.
How will winners of the run be recognized?
Every runner will be able to download and print a runner’s certificate after the race. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons will be awarded to the fastest runners in these categories:
Men’s Youth 5K (under 18)
Men’s Adult 5K
Men’s Senior 5K (50+)
Women’s Youth 5K (under 18)
Women’s Adult 5K
Women’s Senior 5K (50+)
Men’s Youth 10K (under 18)
Men’s Adult 10K
Men’s Senior 10K (50+)
Women’s Youth 10K (under 18)
Women’s Adult 10K
Women’s Senior 10K (50+)
All participants in the Kid’s Dash will receive a ribbon.
I participated in the Lake Run last year – can I see what my race results were?
Certainly! Visit the Race Results page — you can find your race results from several previous years, too.
What are the details of the Lake Run-related road closures?
As a result of the race, there will be some temporary road closures and reductions for about 30-60 minutes after 8am. This includes:
- State Street traveling south temporarily reduced to one lane.
- North Shore temporarily reduced to one way traveling east. Closed to westbound traffic.
- McVey temporarily reduced to one way traveling east. Closed to westbound traffic.
- South Shore temporarily reduced to one way traveling east. Closed to westbound traffic.
- Lake View Blvd reduced to one way traveling west. East bound traffic closed between South Shore and Iron Mtn. Blvd.
- Iron Mtn Blvd temporarily closed between Berwick and roundabout.
- Berwick Road temporarily reduced to one way traveling east. Closed to westbound traffic.
- Evergreen Road temporarily reduced to one way traveling east. Closed to westbound traffic.